Our History

Carpenter, Harris & Flayhart is the oldest established law firm in the Jersey Shore area, having been established in 1934 by the husband and wife attorney team of Clyde E. Carpenter, Sr. (1899-1987) and Katherine S. Carpenter (1902-1979). Their son, Clyde E. Carpenter, Jr. (1926-1995) was also a member of the firm.

L. Craig Harris and Martin A. Flayhart currently partner the firm, joined by associate attorneys Dale Tice and Andrea Pulizzi. They retain the name of Carpenter, Harris & Flayhart acknowledging the family who founded it.